Professional car detailing in Winchester
Experience is everything
Könings Detailing provides the highest quality, specialist car detailing services, customised to your specific requirements
We use different materials, coatings, and techniques, enabling you to keep your vehicle in showroom condition all year round. But the most important element is the experience, knowledge and skill of the craftsman who carries out our processes. Konings Team will skillfully restore, enhance and protect all kinds of high-end sport and classic vehicles to the highest level.
Five days to several weeks long service involving multistage polishing processes to remove all paintwork imperfections. Ideal for car enthusiasts, collectors, investors or anyone looking for an outstanding appearance and quality of paintwork.
Ceramic paint protection helps to prevent scratches, swirl and discolouring of the paintwork. It comes with 3- or 5-years durability and makes car cleaning easier.
Typically, this is a one or two day intensive interior cleaning service, using steam, dry foam, compressed air and an ozone generator to disinfect and deodorise the interior, restoring the original appearance of plastics, leather and carpets.
Typically, this service takes 7- 21 days to complete. Our leather restoration service is ideal for any car with signs of wear and tear to leather upholstery, classic cars with old, worn leather or anyone looking for an alternative to re-trimming and re-upholstering.
Engine and engine bay detailing POA
Show and concourse preparation POA
Loyalty programme with discounts and offers
A one-day service involving meticulous cleaning, polishing and protection of paintwork, wheels and exterior glass.
- General visual inspection and assessment of paint condition
- Pre-wash using active foam and non-caustic range of degreasers
- Wheels removed and cleaned and exposed suspension parts steam cleaned (maintenance spray and/or hydrophobic sealant applied)
- Multi-stage exterior wash using citrus-based cleaner and PH-neutral shampoo and a two bucket system
- The vehicle is dried using compressed air
- Once the vehicle is clean and dry, the decontamination process starts
- The exterior is decontaminated using a clay bar and range of mild, solvent-based degreasers so it becomes free of tar, honeydew, brake dust and industrial fallout
- The vehicle is rinsed using warm, softened water
Drying and protecting:
- The vehicle is dried using warm air
- To remove light swirl marks and micro marring, the paintwork is treated with mild abrasive pre-wax lotion
- The highest quality wax or paint sealant will be applied to paint
- Wheels are protected with water-repelling wheel sealant
- Windows are polished and exterior trim treated
- Final inspection and customer collection
Paint Enhancement Detailing
After full one day of exterior decontamination and thorough paint inspection, your paint work will receive multi-stage machine polishing to restore it to its high gloss, scratch-free original quality. The depth and clarity of your paint colour will be enhanced and any small scratches and swirls will be removed.
The high gloss finish is protected by your choice of basic polymer sealant (lasting up to 12 months), ceramic coating or Paint Protection Film.
- Cars which are a few years old or cars with visible light scratches and swirls.
- Cars over 1-year old, before ceramic coating application or PPF installation
- Cars after recent bodywork or restoration project (written or visual inspection report available)
- Classic or vintage cars that haven’t had any detailing for a few years
Paint correction can be an excellent alternative to re-spraying and can remove up to 100% of paint defects, leaving a piano-like finish without orange peel (the name given to a slightly rippled effect on paintwork, similar to that found on an orange).
With access to the best products and techniques, we’re able to take paint in any condition to a whole new level, without compromising the paint’s thickness. The paint correction service is often finished with ceramic coating giving a super-sleek finish and great hydrophobic properties.
- Classic, vintage or exotic cars
- Pre-sale high value car preparation
- Any car that hasn’t been treated before and whose paintwork is in poor condition
- Pre- show and concourse preparation
This service is ideal for maintaining a high level of protection and outstanding appearance of your vehicle all year round.
The process includes:
- A 2, 3, 6 or 12-monthly service for existing customers
- Full inspection of the protected surfaces
- If necessary, top up to existing coating and protection
- During the service, seasonal checks are made (in summer, anti-fog, glasShield rain repellent and screen wash concentrate may be added and in winter, anti-freeze screen wash and windscreen coating helping to defrost windscreen may be added)
Our service is designed to deep clean, disinfect and deodorise your car’s interior. The intense interior cleaning uses steam, dry foam, compressed air and an ozone generator.
Our interior detailing service will restore the original appearance of plastics, leather and all fabrics (including carpet). It is finished by applying protective coatings and sealants to all surfaces.
The typical process includes:
- Visual inspection
- Seats removal on customer request.
- Interior vacuumed using a variety of brushes supported with compressed air
- Interior fabric gently cleaned using dry foam and steam, then the residue is extracted with fabric spot cleaner
- Leather is deep-cleaned and leather protection applied
- All plastic parts are cleaned and protected
- Glass is hand polished inside and out
- Interior is treated with deodorising and sanitising ozone treatment to remove any bacteria viruses and virtually any odour
- Carpets cleaned and conditioned
- All trims treated and protected
- Glass polished and sealed
- Classic cars
- Used cars with fabric or leather interior with evidence of previous outside storage or neglect
- Any pre-sale vehicle – this service will bring most interiors back to showroom condition
- Cars with any noticeably unpleasant smell
We can repair cracks, scuffs, holes, burns and sun-faded leather on steering wheels and leather seats. New dye is applied, bringing leather colour and finish back to new. The leather will then be covered in permanent gloss, matte, semi-matte or satin UV protection sealant. We use high quality products and pigments used by Rolls Royce, McLaren, Honda, Jaguar and the Royal Air Force.
The benefits of leather restoration include a new, fresh look and a softer touch to your leather upholstery. It will also increase your car’s value, making it more presentable and attractive to buy.
How long does it last?
The leather restoration will last as long as the original ‘new leather’ finish. If you don’t look after the leather in a brand new car, it will show signs of wear and tear after a few thousand miles, however if you’re careful, it will look great after ten years. Very rarely a car manufacturer offer warranties for colour fading, scratching or cracking because there are simply too many factors influencing the longevity of leather.
At Könings Detailing, we will warranty our work for a minimum one year against any fading, cracking or peeling.
The typical process includes:
- Leather deep clean
- Removing old damaged coating (colour)
- Degreasing exposed leather fibres
- Nourishing exposed leather to soften exposed fibres
- Degreasing leather
- Repairing scuffs, scratches or holes
- Reapplying leather dye
- Applying leather finish (satin, gloss or matte)
- Applying UV sealant
- Applying leather cream after seven days
- Regular maintenance (gentle cleaning with any leather cleaner or warm water and soap)